There are several approaches to learning to read Chinese characters. One popular method is flashcards.
For a change, try using magazines to read Chinese characters. And by “reading” I mean identifying characters.
There are several great things about using magazines for language learning.
- Magazines, unlike books, are more “disposable” and can be written all over without the guilt that comes with defacing a book.
- Magazines are also much cheaper than books.
- They feature short articles accompanied by photos and illustrations.
- Images along with text provide a powerful learning tool for beginner readers. Children’s book use this technique to help children learn to read, too!
Try using the following approach with magazine articles.
- First, highlight the characters you know. Color-code them based on their tones. You cannot know the tone of a character just by looking at it. You have to memorize them. So by color-coding the characters based on tone…
View original post 192 more words